Friday 5pm-9pm (5:45 class)
Saturday 10-5pm (10am class)
Sunday 9-5pm (9am class)
19 Hours towards Yoga Alliance Credit//This is one of the REQUIRED modules for our 300 Hour TT
Cost: $285 // Use Early Bird discount CHAKRA2019 and save $35 if you register and pay in full by February 1st.
Join Madia Swicord for an in-depth weekend of exploring the Chakras as an experiential introduction to the Core of Yoga Psychology.
Our chakra system is composed of energy centers along the spine that hold the key to our spiritual evolution and sense of well-being. These symbolic spinning wheels affect our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
The chakras are organizational hubs that receive, assimilate, store, and transmit life force energy/prana. Together the seven chakras provide a profound architecture for wholeness which unifies mind, body, and spirit.
“Energy is the interface between the mind and the physical body. Like the electricity that connects your software to your hardware, energy connects your mind to your body.
"The programming of the mind, largely unconscious, tells the energy where to go and where not to go in the body Some of these programs serve us well, others create blockages” ~ Anodea Judith
We will begin the journey into how these 7 main energy centers that hold all of our life experiences and future potential.
"Emotion always has its roots in the unconscious and manifests itself in the body". ~Irene Claremont de Castillejo
In this training, you will also learn how to:
- Develop awareness of 7 energetic centers in the body and how they influence our emotional, physical, mental & spiritual self
- Explore 6 emotions of the body: Fear, Guilt, Anger, Shame, Joy, Grief
- Explore the power of the subtle body to influence and shape the physical body (our biography becomes our biology)
- Vary the Sun and moon Salutation flow to reflect each chakra
- Incorporate pranayama, mantra, and mudra into chakra practice
- Understand excess and deficiency in the chakras
An integration of Hatha, Kundalini and deep flow Yoga poses will be experienced to support the awareness of the chakras in your own body/mind for deeper digestion of the information
This course is for anyone wishing to develop their understanding of the chakras and their emotional, physical, mental and energetic effect on the body & mind.
enjoy a balanced weekend of yoga practice, interactive lecture, discussion and self-reflection.
- Please come prepared to practice and bring a journal for self-reflection
Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith (any edition)